Founder Stock - 83(b) election

Hi all,

Do you have any advice on the 83(b) election for a nonresident alien buying founder stock? EarthSpark has spun out a for-profit company (sparkmeter.io) ! It's a US corporation, and one of the co-founders is a French national living in Haiti. He's trying to understand if he should fill out the 83(b) election form in the founding stock purchase documents. 

I know that the official answer for this is probably "ask a tax professional" but I'd much appreciate any informal advice you can offer!

Best,
Allison

Replies to this Topic

Allison,

Our Impact Capital team looked into the issue, and was unable to make a solid recommendation, but found a good link that should help you decide on the election. 

If you are still unsure or confused after reading through the link, please reply in this topic, and we will try and put you in touch with a lawyer or tax professional within the GSBI network who can give you a more in-depth answer.

Thanks,

GSBI Team and Impact Capital Team

Hi Phillip,

This is extremely helpful and exactly on topic. Thanks to you and the team for the quick turn-around on this and the great information sources. I have shared with my team and will reach out of we feel we need more info. 

I really appreciate your help!

Allison

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

GSBI Alumni