Discussion Topics

« Return to Announcements

Are You Interested in Having Global Tech Employees Do a Short Term Project?

ANDE is looking for Social Enterprises that are interested in having employees from a global tech company come work on a short term project. ANDE describes these sabbaticals as "unique, short-term assignments for key talents who work in highly diverse teams to solve concrete business challenges for the education and social entrepreneurship sector in emerging markets. A typical engagement lasts 4-6 weeks."

The organizations ANDE is looking for meet the following criteria:

5 to 100 employees

- Non-profit or for-profit status

- A clear 3-5 year plan 

- Proven growth trajectory (i.e increased annual revenue, lives impacted, employees hired)

- Focus on innovation, social impact, and sustainability

Additionally, ANDE is looking for organizations working in the following locations:

- Buenos Aires, Argentina; Gaborone, Botswana; Curitiba, Brazil; Sofia, Bulgaria; Chengdu or Shanghai, China; Accra, Ghana; Bangalore or Chennai, India; Mexico City, Mexico; Yangon, Myanmar; Manila, Philippines; Kigali, Rwanda; and Johannesburg, South Africa are preferred but another growing emerging market city could be considered. 

Applications are due at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, January 21st 

To apply click HERE

Edited Tue, Jan 19, 2016 10:05 AM

Replies to this Topic

Hi Will,

Do you also consider for Lagos, Nigeria?

What are some expectation from the Company? Who covers the cost of Employee or to what extent?

Thank you.

According to ANDE the markets listed on the original post are preferred but another emerging market city, like Lagos, Nigeria, would be considered. 

The expectations of the company are:

Buy-in from different levels of the organization to host a sabbatical team

- Ability to develop a clear scope of work for a social sabbatical team based on the needs of the organization

- Capacity to provide the needed support to the social sabbatical team for the duration of the assignment

Desire to be challenged and a high level of excitement for the opportunity

Open-mindedness towards the findings, recommendations, and results of the social sabbatical team

That is all the information provided. Unfortunately the deadline was also last night.

Best,

Will

Femi,

If you are interested we can contact ANDE to see if they would accept another application.  In looking at the material ANDE sent, it isn't clear who would cover the costs of the employee.  Let us know if your interested!

My best,

PSR

Hi Pamela,
As you make an enquiry on Femi's question, please could you find out if Uganda can benefit from this service as it appears it's not within the catchment area of the advert.

Thank you!

Emmy
Sent via Groupsite Mobile.

Hi Pamela,
As you make an enquiry on Femi's question, please could you find out if Uganda can benefit from this service as it appears it's not within the catchment area of the advert.

Thank you!

Emmy

Hi Emmy,

If Uganda is included is it safe to assume that you'd be interested as well?  No promises, but we can at least ask.  :-)  

Hope all is well!
My best,

PSR 

Hi Pamela,
Thanks for asking. We are making progress and we would wish to sustain it with external support of this nature. Definitely I would be interested if Uganda was included. We have specific areas we need support and this programme might be handy to address those gaps.

Find out from them and let me know.

Take care!

Emmy

Hello Pamela.

Awesome. 

We are definitely interested and would seek you help explore contacting ANDE for these new Locations. This will be helpful.

Thank you for being so supportive.

Hi Femi and Emmy,

I checked with ANDE.  Due to an overwhelming response they won't re-open applications for the program.  We have people that approach us on a "regular" basis wanting to get involved with social enterprises.  We'll keep you both in mind.  

Thank you for the amazing work you do!

My best,

PSR 

Thanks Pamela for the follow up. I will keep watching the space and if there those who do not go through application process then you can advice them to drop me a line.

Best,

Emmy

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

GSBI Alumni